Brian Pagán workshop
Workshop 6: Empathy for Design: Unlocking Your UX Superpowers
We create things for other people. When we feel what others are feeling, we understand them and connect much more deeply than with just market research or personas. Empathy allows us to forge these deep connections by understanding people on a personal level.
Empathy helps us understand people’s emotions and helps us create things that people fall in love with. In this workshop, we’ll discuss why empathy is important and practice techniques you can use immediately to help yourself and others feel empathy.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Conduct emotion-centric UX interviews
- Map a person’s experience flow
- Immerse yourself in your customer’s world
- Feel what others feel with tools from theatre and film
- Reflect on your own experience with Mindfulness
- Communicate your empathy insights with stakeholders
- Prioritize customer needs with Kano modeling
What We’ll Be Doing:
- Going through a test case, from Research to Roadmap
- Covering a brief introduction to Empathy and its importance to UX
- Doing the exercises, not just listening to a lecture
- Working in teams
- Getting access to FREE templates and tools you can take with you
This workshop is for:
- UX Professionals
- Product Managers
- Anyone who builds things for other people
Sigh up for this workshop and let’s unlock your UX Superpowers together!
About the host: A 15-year UX veteran, Brian Pagán (NL) is Founder and Mentor at The Greatness Studio.
Formerly at Philips Design, he holds a Professional Doctorate in User-System Interaction as well as a Master’s in Industrial Psychology. His main interests are Empathy for Design, Persuasive Design, mHealth, & the Internet of Things.
His mission is to build a more compassionate world through Emotion, Empathy, & Ethics. As an actor, he’s bringing tools from theatre & film into the practices of product development. He loves giving talks & workshops, hiking in the mountains, singing karaoke, and living as a (digital) nomad.
When: Thursday, September 7, 2017 from 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
Where: one by one, Zimmerstr. 79/80, 10117 Berlin – View Map
Important notice: workshops take place on Thursday, September 7. Conference day is Friday, September 8. Workshops are not part of the conference ticket and have to be bought separately.
… and don’t forget to get a workshop ticket as well.
♥ We thank you for your support and for being part of the MOBX community.